Totally cool story about how social networking through Twitter saved the day for one IKEA customer. Story told by OzDJ (@OzDJ) on his Phlog and retold by LaurelPapworth on her Social Media Blog: the business of being social.
Long story short:
- @OzDJ needed some shelves.
- @aDB was at the local IKEA.
- @OzDJ bribed @aDB with some IKEA food and instant karma to check on the stock.
- Less than an hour later, @aDB posted a picture on TwitPic as evidence of available stock.
- Social Networking for the WIN!
I actually saw these tweets go by in my twitter stream, (!!) and having witnessed the same on IKEAFANS on many occasions, I nodded and went back to work. The difference here is IMMEDIACY. Within an hour, OzDJ had posted this picture of said stock:
Check out the evolution of TwitterCaching that grew out of this exchange: #twittercache and OzDJ’s post about it here: Forget the Obama Inauguration – this is the first ever #twittercache.