- 250gm minced beef
- 250gm minced pork
- 1 egg
- 200-300ml cream and water (or milk and water)
- 2.5 tbsp. finely-chopped onion
- 50ml unsweetened rusk flour
- 2 cold boiled potatoes
- 4-5 tbsps butter, margarine or oil
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat the onion till golden in a couple of tablespoons of lightly browned butter.
2. Mash the potatoes and moisten the rusk flour in a little water.
3. Mix all the ingredients until there is consistency and flavour generously with salt, white pepper and (optional) a little finely crushed allspice.
4. Use a pair of spoons to shape the mixture into relatively large, round balls and transfer to a floured chopping board.
5. Fry them slowly in plenty of butter.
How to make the cream sauce:
- 100ml cream
- 200ml beef stock
- Chinese soya sauce
- 1 tbsp white flour
- Salt, white pepper
1. Swirl the boiling water or beef stock in a pan.
2. Add cream and thicken with white flour if preferred.
3. Season well with salt and pepper.
4. Serve the meatballs with the sauce, freshly boiled potatoes, uncooked lingonberry jam and salad.
There you have the perfect Swedish meal! Yum!